18 April 2009

Bad and Good news

On Mon, 13th April the first thing I heard in the morning was "Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaih Rojiun!". What? Could it be my uncle who was admitted to the hospital. If it's him, then I'm feeling guilty for not coming along with my mother to visit him on the day before. But no. It's actually a call from Pulau Ubin telling that my grandmother was dying(nazak). It's kind of impossible because she was live, well and kicking. She just visited my uncle on saturday. Another half an hour, a call confirmed her departure. Wow! Still unable to digest the previous news, and this! We all get ready in a jiffy and get there ASAP.

This was the second sudden death since 5 years ago and I have since avoided going for funerals. She may not be a grandmother who you can get spoilt with, but she was the only grandparent I had eversince I can remeber. May Allah bless her.

The good news may come a bit late, but hey good things are meant to be shared. I received a letter on Thur, 16th April from NTU. I have been accepted for direct entry to year 2 of EEE (find out yourself what it means) course. But of course that will be in 2011 when I have completed NS. BTW what is CMPB doing, I have been waiting for my enlistment date since forever. Argghh! When will it be. I'm bored.


whoelse on 9:56:00 am